Creation date: October 2007, Rectoral Resolution No. UPB-RR-015/2007
The Optical and Energies Research Center – CIOE was created with the objective of Implementing, developing, executing and consolidating research projects in the following fields:
- Perform applied research in the area of quantum electronics (lasers): Development of laser technology, fundamentally the development of power electronics circuits related to lasers and applications in different areas of science.
- Carry out applied research in the area of radiocommunications and radioelectric propagation: Study of meteorological behavior and characterization of these parameters (atmospheric attenuation due to hydrometeors and gases, phase delay and depolarization) to improve the design of radio links, both horizontal and on Earth paths -Space, in all frequency bands.
- Perform applied research in the area of optics and photonics: The area of optics and photonics is closely related to electronics, electronic control, development of photonic devices for different practical applications, such as medicine, biophotonics, among others.
- Perform applied research in the area of solar energy: Studies on local solar radiation, solar and atmospheric monitoring, applications with the use of UV, Visible and Infrared solar radiation.
- Investigation in renewable and alternative energies: Development of techniques of cooling with solar thermal energy, domotic systems of refrigeration and solar heating with electronic control, alternative energies of wind sources and Energy Efficiency.
In consulting and advice, the CIOE offers its services to solve problems related to the optics of lasers and equipments that are totally or partially conformed with this type of technology.